Every church lovingly making a home for the homeless.
To mobilise, unite and unleash Christian prayer, investments, donations and relationships to fight the injustice of homelessness.
The root cause of homelessness in almost all our tenants is a relational poverty.
If our tenants have a safe home and the security of positive relationships then they will find the confidence, motivation and hope for change.
Success to us is: church members, our of their pews, striving to love and tenants receiving and feeling loved.
We use eight markers to gauge tenants’ outcomes and monitor our own theory of change. These are:
- Maintaining tenancy
- Abstaining from crime
- Committing to substance recovery or reducing reliance on substances
- Improving social relations
- meaningful use of time, (volunteering, education, training or employment)
- Engaging in education, training or employment
- Improving or maintaining good physical & mental health
- Spiritual engagement
These are vital elements of Hope Into Action’s holistic approach.